Friday, May 29, 2015

My Non-Traditional Weight Loss plan

Ok, so my roomate has decided, out of the blue, to go total vegetarian at the advice of his girlfriend. Sounds completely crazy to me, especially when he expected to start dropping weight immediately. If you've read any dieting books or blogs, you know that weight loss takes time, proper diet, AND exercise.

Unfortunately, not all of us have the leisure of dieting like health books. Kids, work, and otherwise filled schedules leave little energy for even a partner, let alone hitting the gym! What's a girl (or guy) to do??

Me with my mom prior to
pregnancy
I've decided to give it a shot; gods only know how much I'd love to lose that belly flab I've been carrying around since having my little daughter. But with trying to go back to school for phsycology in the fall, and next to no funds, I'm not going to go about it the traditional way. You won't see a single gym membership recommendation or high-priced, unfilling recipe here. Just simple foods made with few specialty ingrediants, and on a budget (gotta feed the baby too!)

Before I go any further, I want to remind everyone to talk to your doctor before beginning a dieting regime (because how could you possibly know what your body needs better than your doc, right?). Got it? Good. Now that that's out of the way, I'm not going to a doctor. Or counting calories. Or even counting pounds.

And after pregnancy. A good 15 lbs left to go
My goal is to become as healthy as I can comfortably be. For example, my ideal weight before pregnancy was around 145-150 pounds, and 5'4" and a U.S. size 7 in jeans. I felt confidant, but I definately skipped a few too many meals to get there.

This time, I'm going to be using lots of easy to make quick meals. You know, the kind where you spend an hour in the kitchen once a week and you have breakfast for the next week. Muffin tin and hand pies are going to be heavy here, with protein substitutes like quinoa, beans, and nuts.

As for exercise, a half-hour of stretching/yoga or other simple routine everyday with an hour walk once a week. Easy enough to fit into a schedule.

I'll follow up with reviews and tweaks on those recipes and the exercise. Wish me luck on this journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment